Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flying Bike Board Member Elections Are Coming

Since it went public earlier this year, I have been highly involved with a new venture; the Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery here in Seattle. 

If you've been following my posts, then you already know what Flying Bike is about.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, Flying Bike will be Seattle's first cooperative brewery.  We do not yet have a physical location, but have a membership over 400 strong and growing.  We're hoping to have a location secured and have our doors open by late 2012.  Things are in the early planning stages now for location, brewing system(s), taproom or brewpub, etc. 

Currently, we're gearing up for our first homebrew competition.  It's an IPA only competition (English, American or Imperial IPAs are acceptable), and it's only open to members of the Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery.  The winner of this competition will have their beer scaled up and brewed by Three Skulls Ales here in Seattle.   Though contract brewed, this will be Flying Bike's first official beer.  I will be entering an Imperial IPA into this competition myself, so wish me luck. 

Also, coming up fast are the Flying Bike Board Member elections.  There are three board positions opening up, and I am running for one of them.  If I am elected, I will have a more direct say/influence over the direction things will take for the Cooperative.  And since I'm highly motivated to see Flying Bike succeed, I'm very eager for this opportunity. 

I've been drumming up support among the Flying Bike members by attending events, spreading the word about Flying Bike and my desire to be on the board across the web, in area breweries and beer bars, etc.  I'm trying to build a buzz, that Beer Monger (Aka: Michael Dieterle - me) is very serious about this and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make Flying Bike a success.  You can view profiles for all board member candidates here: http://www.flyingbike.coop/about/2011-board-candidates/, and you can view my video appeal for your vote on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889_2xRg5PY

If all goes well, I hope to be one of the three new members of the Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery Board of Directors.  So wish me luck, and if you're a Flying Bike member, please vote for me.  Thanks.

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment