Tomorrow is the kick off for the 33rd annual National Homebrew Conference (NHC) in San Diego, CA. I wasn't able to make it to this year's conference, but for those who can, there's a lot going on.
Happening right now are a bunch of pre-conference activities, including:
- Brewery tours
- Beer pairing breakfast
- Beer pairing dinner
- 30th St. pub crawl
- Hornblower afternoon beer cruise
- Golf at Riverwalk Golf Course
There's also a Pro-Brewer's night, which offers attendees a private beer festival within the conference with 1800 of their closest homebrewing friends, clubmates, and professional brewers from across the country. This year, there’s also a pro-am competition taking place. Just to add to the fun! The theme for this year's Pro-Brewer's night is Fun in the Summertime (Now, if only we could get a little Summer here in Seattle!)
See HERE for a complete list of participating breweries for Pro-Brewer's night.
Do you belong to a homebrew club? The Club Night is for you. You can attend just for fun, or get a booth for your homebrew club. You can sign up for a booth space by contacting Roger Morrissey at ClubNight2011@seven4.com, and provide him with the following information:
- Club name, city and state
- Contact person’s name, email and phone number
- Do you need power?
- Do you need more than 10 ft x 10 ft space?
- Do you want to share a space?
- Do you need a table?
- Approximately how many beers will you have on tap and/or in bottles?
- Approximately how many members are coming from your club?
- Are there any clubs that you want or do not want to be situated beside your booth?
You can also drop by the Hospitality Suite to sample homebrews, talk with suppliers, etc. The HS moves poolside after the conference's evening events. You can look HERE for a list of participating clubs.
I have some friends in San Diego now having fun. I'll have to try and make sure I can join then for next year's fun.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.